Information Security Consultant
An Information Security Consultant provides subject matter expertise to our clients by bridging the
gap between security requirements and their technical and operational implementations. Our
consultants work diligently and collaboratively to identify risks associated with security gaps in the
cloud and provide solutions on how those gaps may be addressed.
FITS provides a dynamic work environment and supports a healthy work/life balance. We are invested
in the growth and development of our employees. We are committed to ensuring that our staff is
engaged and challenged by their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult clients on achieving their security and compliance goals.
- Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from one or more security frameworks.
- Author IT security policies, whitepapers, and documentation to support information system authorization and accreditation packages.
- Provide technical IT architectural security guidance for operational systems and systems under development.
- Evaluate risks associated with systems or planned changes and recommend mitigation strategies.
A successful Consultant demonstrates expertise in information security, technical writing, and project
management. The following is a list of experience and skills that lead to success in this position. FITS
does not expect that candidates will meet each of these qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, PMP, OSCP
- 2+ years of experience functioning in an operational IT role with exposure to diverse architectures, demonstrating progressive growth of skills and responsibility.
- Proven ability to communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience.
- Experience auditing or supporting audits of IT systems against common security frameworks.
- Exposure to FedRAMP and/or NIST is a plus.
- Experience interviewing engineers on technical subject matter
- Experience implementing information security principles and risk assessment techniques.
- Experience completing or managing projects, tasks, and deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Proficiency in virtualization, automation, systems engineering, and/or cloud administration.
First Information Technology Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FITS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FITS are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
FITS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FITS encourages applicants of all ages.